Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dyamic Duos #8 - Papillion Potpourri

Hi there! Happy Saturday! Where did this week go? Yikes, that went by fast. It's time for a new challenge over at Dynamic Duos. We are going with a monochromatic mix of colors this week, using River Rock and Always Artichoke.  

When I sat down to create this card, I had two ideas in mind: using the Chevron Embossong Folder and making a masculine themed card. Only one of those ideas made it to the final project. I was distracted by the new Papillion Potpourri stamp set and matching Elegant Butterfly punch from my recent order. I know, I know..."More butterflies, Anne Marie? Can you find another critter to obsess over for a little while?" Um, NO. Any stamp set that has a coordinating punch is awesome in my book. The fact that it is butterfly-themed, is an added bonus. :) 
This is a pretty simple card, all around. I'm totally ok with that. Also, I do not have ribbon that matches either of these colors, so that was a little limiting. Ack! River Rock is just one of those colors that I never use. I think I still have the original pack of card stock I bought when it first came out. Although, this duo makes me look at the color very differently. Thanks to Lesley for pairing the colors up for us this week.
Here is the decorated inside of the card. Note the punched oval to cover up the fact that I stamped the sentiment crooked the first time. Whoops!  
Want to play along with us this week at Dynamic Duos? We would love to see what you create with this color combo. The challenge is open until Thursday, June 28th at Noon (PDT). Check out what the rest of the gals on the Design Team have whipped up for inspiration this week: 
The Dynamic Duos Design Team:


Thanks for stopping by! Have a HAPPY day! 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: Papillion Potpourri, Itty Bitty Banners and Occasional Quotes (ret. inside sentiment) 
Paper: To the Nines Specialty DSP (ret.), Always Artichoke, River Rock and Very Vanilla card stock
Ink: Always Artichoke and River Rock Classic Ink pad
Punches: Elegant Butterfly, Scallop Trim Border punch and Extra Large Oval (inside) 
Accessories: Bitty Banners Framelits, Chevron Embossing Folder, Basic Pearls and Stampin' Dimensionals

16 comments:

  1. I would have never thought of those colors with butterflies, but of course you made it work! Artichoke is one of those colors that I've never liked and I don't even own it. No playing along for me this week. :(

    River Rock is tough, but it looks amazing with Baja Breeze/Not Quite Navy or with Cherry Cobbler. Try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the River Rock - but I am loving your card!! Such pretty patterns and embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful Anne Marie! I am so in love with that embossing folder!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Anne Marie! I really like the DP against the chevron embossing! Like you, I do not use River Rock much at all, much less the Artichoke. After playing with this duo, I may be reaching for them a little more often, especially those times when I need a softer look!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - this would be a tough color palette for me, but you really rocked it!!! That butterfly IS gorgeous and you keep using as many as you like!!! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you crank out pretty cards like this one you can buy all of the butterflies you want! I love the pearl accents, they do make river rock more feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just absolutely gorgeous! What a beauty--it would make a nice card for just about any occasion!! I am with you on River ROck, but it is a nice complementary color, I just never think to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think you can overdo butterflies, Anne! I never tire of seeing them outside or on cards! I love the simplicity of this card and I'm fond of punched oval sentiments and use them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ann Marie What a great card. I certainly know what you mean about the river rock. I have only ink, marker and DSP with this color left. Not a favorite, yet is seems to blend with so many other colors! Love your layout and whether masculine or feminine it looks gorgeous. I know... the butterflies...not so much masculine, but it's still gorgeous.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! Thanks for showcasing that beautiful butterfly punch. Hopefully those new SU goodies will make it down under. Your card is adorable and perfect for the colour duo this week. PS: You can never make too many cards with butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love those two shades together...and this is a lovely card to showcase them

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple card? More like simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at that butterfly, very pretty with double dimension! I love River Rock, happy that I may have you rethinking it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the chevron background and your layered butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't it funny how we think we don't like a color and then it gets combined in the right way and we realize it's not as bad as we thought! I don't use river rock a lot, but love it for guy cards and layouts. You did an amazing job combining these colors and the chevron folder into a lovely feminine card! I've got your back on the butterflies! They can be the perfect addition to almost any project! Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just Lovely Anne Marie! Beautiful design elements and gorgeous finish on the inside of the card. Love, Love that Chevron embossing folder and the Butterflies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie